Diesel service technicians and mechanics inspect, repair, and overhaul buses, trucks, or any vehicle with a diesel engine. Students learn the fundamentals of truck equipment and automobile basic preventative maintenance procedures. This includes theory, diagnosis and service common to all diesel engines.
• Students are immersed in engine rebuilding, and prepare for the ASE Certification test on Medium/Heavy Truck Diesel Engines and Light Duty Diesel Engines ASE Automotive Certification.
• Diesel Technician Certificate
• ASE Certification
• Yavapai College credits are earned after completing the semester with a passing grade (C or better).
• HS credits will be awarded at the end of each semester.
• 32 YC credits will be awarded upon completion Monday-Thursday class schedule
• 20 YC credits will be awarded upon completion Friday Only class schedule
DIESEL TECHNICIAN PROGRAM PROGRESSION PLANS
MONDAY- THURSDAY progression plan
FRIDAY ONLY progression plan
Interested in Learning More?
Contact us for more information about the program